Welcome to the Digital Learning Cooperative
The Digital Learning Cooperative is an administrative system that assists campuses and colleges in the sharing of online, hybrid, and video courses across Penn State campuses. The system provides the capability to map out multi-term course sharing schedules. Seat reservations can either be shared with all campuses, or they can be limited to specific campus locations. This system reduces the administrative overhead required to coordinate course sharing between campuses.
Courses shared on the Digital Learning Cooperative have been used by campuses to supplement locally offered courses to meet the needs of students enrolled in a wide range of academic majors.
Campuses and colleges have made use of the system in order to:
- Provide students with access to minors or electives within their majors within the first two years of their programs
- Offer course capacity in under-enrolled courses to other locations in order to increase enrollment
- Implement sharing agreements from a single course during a single term to Multi-semester or multi-year commitments for courses can be coded into the cooperative
- Identify courses that students need to make progress in their major and avoid a required change of campus location
- Additional (potential) locations can discover the course sharing plans and reach out to develop agreements
- Support individual student needs (via guidance from advisors) so that students can take the best mix of courses for their programs
- Coordinate the delivery of courses as part of programs delivered as a consortia between campuses and colleges